4/3/18

San Fransisco 2018



A few weeks ago I went to San Fransisco last week to visit my sister & her husband. I brought Grant along and left Scar at home with Derek. It was so fun to be reunited with my sister and explore the city, eating at yummy places and of course take too many photos...
To avoid having one giant post with an overwhelming amount of photos I am going to post each day as a separate post. Here is a breakdown of the trip:

Day One (Arrive at Oakland Airport, Trader Joe's food run, Muir Woods #fail, Muir Beach.)

I arrive at Oakland airport Wednesday morning. My sister drove and came to pick me up. We headed back to her place to get settled and changed out of airplane clothes. I was pretty tired from waking up at 4am Utah time to catch my flight. After getting a little unpacked we went to Trader Joe's and buy food to pack with us and eat inside the Muir woods. After driving to the Muir Woods (which heads up is a bit tricky and not well marked. You weave through residential neighborhoods to get there. there weren't many signs at all, so make sure you have directions loaded on your phone before hand or printed out.) When we got to the Muir woods and get denied parking because we didn't make a parking reservation in advance on their website (a new park policy) HERE is a link to the website you will need to make reservations on. As soon as we got cell service we made a parking reservation for another day. Feeling a little sad we drove to Muir beach to eat our food and cheer up ðŸ˜‰ Food makes everything better right?! After sitting on the beach with our toes in the sand, and dipping our feet in the cold water we started to feel better. This was Grant's first time at the beach and i think he loved it. He seemed to espcially love eating a few handfuls of sand. Haha. It is gross but also I feel like it is a child's right of passage to eat some sand at the beach. After sending some time there we headed back home to rest and make some dinner. 







No comments:

Post a Comment